Self Defense Series
Windy City is excited to announce that we will be holding a Self Defense Series beginning on June 13th! If you've ever wanted to learn more philosophy and knowing what to do when conflict is unavoidable, you'll benefit from this series.
What: Self Defense Series
When: Begins June 13th (10am-11:30am) and runs 6/13, 6/20, 6/27, 7/11
Where: Windy City
Cost: $100 for the 4 sessions / 6 hours of instruction
Philosophy of Self Defense:
First, to avoid conflict.
Second, knowing what to do when conflict is unavoidable. Knowing how to defend yourself doesn’t mean you have to engage in conflict. Once you have the knowledge and ability to protect yourself in a situation of potential conflict you will have acquired the peace of mind to walk away.
What is it?
Teaching basic and advanced techniques of self-defense, a practical approach.
Who is it for?
Any fitness level. “Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you didn’t know how to react?” If so this seminar/training is for you.
What will you learn?
Practical self-defense techniques and application. Applying these techniques into a cardiovascular workout.
The approach in the seminar will be simple. Talk, teach and drilling. A specific situation will be discussed and then a technique will be taught to defend oneself and then we will drill that technique. During this time participants will also being working on other techniques that will make participants more confident in the ability to protect themselves and fend of an attacker.
Topics to be covered:
- Self and Situational awareness
- When the talking is done
- Measured response
- Standing or on the ground
- Stance & Fighting distance
- Striking, Kicking, Blocking, Parry
- Putting it together
- Standing and on the ground
- Situational attacks
- 15+ years of study in the martial arts
- Second Degree Black Belt -- Shobayashi Shorin Ryu Karate
- Experienced in Jujitsu, Hapkido and Boxing
- Experienced in teaching both children and adults for 10+ years
- Almost 40 years of boxing experience
- 1978 Light Heavyweight Champion -- University of Notre Dame Bengal Bouts
- 1991 Chicago Golden Gloves Semi-Finalist
- 1992 Chicago Golden Gloves Super Heavyweight Champion
- 2013 Ringside Masters Tournament Finalist